Are you planning to spend your holidays in Milan, Florence or Rome with your family and wondering what to do in summer in Italy? Great! Since we know that in summer Italy is a hot destination and that holidays need to be planned in advance, here you can find some tips about summer festivals, concerts, happenings and much more. Whether you love to stay in the nature, do activities or attend to concerts, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Just read this post, plan your days and start dreaming of Italy!
The vibe of this city is getting more and more exciting, also because Milan is getting ready and dressing up to host the Expo 2015 in less than one year.
Cinema in the park (from google)
- The events calendar for this summer is rich and various, and every day there’s something new to do: music, theatre, exhibitions, festivals…do like the Milanesi do, put an anti mosquito spray in your bag, go out and enjoy the city
Idroscalo – Milan (from google)
- And if the city gets too hot, go to the Idroscalo to freshen up. This artificial lake, built in 1930 to be the seaplane airport of the city, is now considered “The sea of Milan”, here in this green park you can experience…thousand of sport activities, such as swimming, canoeing, boating, windsurfing, sailing, beach volley, free climbing, tennis and much more.
Confess that you didn’t expect to find green areas in Milan, but prepare to be shocked because in Milan there are 38 parks! Yes we said 38… Surprise: Milan is green! There’s even the Verdestate Festival!
Milan Segway Tour
Extra tip: our local guides are warming up the wheels and can’t wait to lead you through the city! Book an exciting 3 hours Milan Segway Tour now!
If 12 millions of people have visited Florence in 2013, there must be a reason, then come to find out why and experience the wide offer of activities of this city.
- Feast of St. Lawrence (from google)
- In Tuscany in summer the magic word to remember is: sagra. During summer almost in every small village (but also in Florence) are organized festivals dedicated to traditional food, like wild boar, wine, different kind of pasta etc., for instance on August 10th in Florence will take place the Feast of St. Lawrence with a parade and a traditional a free evening distribution of lasagne and watermelon. What’s on when you’ll be around?
Roman amphitheatre in Fiesole (from google)
- Estate Fiesolana: If Florence gets too hot, in just 20 min of bus you can climb on the green, windy hill of Fiesole, and join this famous festival, where jazz is played in the amazing frame of the roman theatre and concerts take place in an ancient Basilica; are you into music, theatre, cinema? Here you can find the three, just check the program and pick what inspires you.
Extra tip: give your family an experience to remember, a Florence Segway Tour is something exciting to enjoy together!
Yes we know, in Rome there is never enough time, too many things to see and too many places to explore, but if you’ve visited enough monuments and want something else, don’t worry, you’re just spoiled with choices!
- Opera at the Baths of Caracalla (from google)
- More than 50 events and the amazing skyline of the Eternal City in background, this is the Estate Romana (Roman Summer) and is not the only marathon of events! Have you ever seen a ballet in an ancient Roman villa included in the UNESCO list? Yes, in Rome happens… Opera lovers? At the Baths of Caracalla will be performed La bohème and The Barber of Sevilla. Do we need to continue?
Rome Night Tour
- And in case you want to rock, then check out the concert’s calendar, Paolo Nutini, Rufus Wainwright or Robert Plant are just waiting for you. Most of the concerts take place in amazing locations, like the Parco della Musica, designed by Renzo Piano, or in Piazza del Popolo, the iconic square with the twin churches.
Extra tip: Rome is magic, even more if experienced with a Segway Night Tour!